Josiah Johnson is the son of a friends of mine, Dennis and Mary Johnson. Josiah is married to Jessica and they have two children, Ava and Lincoln. Josiah was diagnosed with a rare sarcoma cancer in the Spring of this year. The cancer is rare and the type is more rare. The doctors don't know enough about his cancer to know what will be effective in treating it. They have tried several chemos and nothing is working. Surgery is not an option. Would you please pray? Would you please consider that if you're reading this it may be because God wants you to pray for Josiah and his family? Does your church have a prayer request list or a prayer chain? Would you put Josiah on that list? I could type for 3 hours telling you this family's story and how much they have already overcome but at the end of the day they're one in a million or more families who are struggling with a loved one being treated for cancer. I'm just asking that if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, when you read this, would you take the time to stop and pray for Josiah in Jesus' name? The everyday problems - big and small - that my family has are NOTHING. We are all healthy. If your family is the same then please join me in thanking God and choosing to be grateful for each blessing big or small. Amazing thing is, Josiah and Jess do not have the blessing of health in their family and they still thank God for each blessing, big or small.
Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand
But I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand
Josiah's mom Mary is famous for signing her emails "In His Grip" and she rests in the faith of that statement. Please pray for her joy as she watches her son struggle. Please pray for Josiah's three younger sisters. Maybe most of all, pray for his Daddy. This is his only son and when I say they are tight, it is an understatement. He's leading this entire family through this and we can never, ever underestimate the load that is on our men to lead. Please, please pray for him.
Finally, pray for Josiah's wife Jess. As a young wife and mother myself, I cannot find words. I simply have to ask the Holy Spirit to pray for her. She posts on a blog at wordpress under the username prayforjohnsonfamily@wordpress.com.
I'll close with lines from one of my favorite hymns as a prayer for myself, this family and you, the reader:
Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus And To Take Him At His Word
Just to Rest Upon His Promise And To Know Thus Saith the Lord
Jesus, Jesus How I Trust Him
How I've Proved Him O'er and O'er
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus
O for Grace to Trust Him More
O that I would trust Him more,
Margie
May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment