Today it rained. Monsooned. Boss Hog and Eenie almost didn't make it home from Chillicothe in the hot rod because of all the flash flooding. Thank You God that they arrived safely.
Today we had biscuits and gravy. Boss Hog woke me up and I could smell he was already frying sausage. The man was hungry. The kids ate until it was gone. An hour after we left the table. Their appetites are insane.
Today Eenie played his violin. Then he played it like a fiddle. It was nice.
Today we made plans. We set a few goals. God may re-arrange them. We always need to be flexible because (spoiler alert!) we're not in control. But I believe He is a God of order and He honors organization, discipline, planning ahead.
Today there was kissing. And hugging. And tickling. And nose rubbing. And some of it even involved the kids. :-)
Today there were dishes. We ran the dishwasher twice. I'm thankful we had food and dishes to eat it on.
Today I made my first Pioneer Woman recipe: Black Eyed Pea Salsa. Have mercy. We paired it with some tilapia (fish) tacos in a lime and cilantro crema sauce. Whoo-wee. That's SOOOO what I'm talking about.
Today I made my kids clean up and very plainly said it would all go in the burn barrel if they didn't. They cleaned. For hours. It was good for them. Tomorrow they'll work some more. It's good for them.
Today I talked to a good friend. Thank you God for friends. Bless my friends and their friends and their friends as they sleep tonight...and the one in Asia who will be awake.
Today I read to my kids. Only one book. But we all snuggled together and read that one book with arms and toes and noses all piled up like spaghetti. That thought is like the smell of chocolate chip cookies in the oven. I could just breathe it in and let it wash the goodness all over me.
Today my almost 4 year old son pooped in his pants. Twice.
Today Miney missed Toby, the black and tan who's been missing for a week. That's what you get for having hounds. I didn't tell her that. She missed playing tag with him.
Today I watched a child dance with uncontainable joy over the prospect of using the new mouthwash. I should have danced with him. Why not?! Life's short.
Today I realized that my non - bedwetting children are in danger of having their sheets washed 3x's less in the lifetime of their childhood than my bedwetter.
Today was good. There was some yelling. There was some crying. There was some laughing.
Today was good.
Thank you God for today.
May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment