May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Happy Birthday Aunt Jo - Jo!
Yesterday was Jo's 26th birthday. It was a good excuse for me to make a zuchinni casserole. How in the world do you really spell zuchinni? My computer spell checks it every time. Zuchhini? Zuchini? Zucchinni? It's still spell checking it. Back to the point.....it was also a good excuse to make Catrese's mud and snow tires cake. (Spell check doesn't like Catrese either but I KNOW I spelled that correctly!) It's a devil's food or german chocolate cake with caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk poured down into it when it's still warm. Then cool whip on top. Richer than all get out. Dalton and Luke and MC worked together to make it. I watched and there was no questionable licking going on so it was still serveable! :-) She had to work so we don't get to see her until today so it is a happy, chocolatey, birthday cake Monday. Best kind of Monday there is! We have Sidda today also. Last night was her first "sleep - over" (that she can remember) with MC. I'm not sure when she, Charlie and MC finally passed out but they dropped all over the room like flies. We found them in all kinds of interesting positions this morning! Good times. I think we're going to plant pumpkins today. When I asked Sidda about that she said, "Maybe we should do that together sometime! How about pumpkin flowers? Those would be pretty!" Sounds like a plan, sweet girl. She keeps us laughing the entire time she's here. Gonna go and enjoy her. Have a great Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a wonderful way to celebrate, that cake sounds WONDERFUL!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun planting pumpkins, sounds like a great day you have planned!