The Barlow Bunch
The Barlow Bunch - they're old news. They left last Thursday. We miss them like crazy. Having 7 kids is not so bad if they're 3 of the 7. You'll notice I didn't make it through all 8 days of their visit with my blog posts. So here's a "catch-all" for days 6-8: Clint finally got tired of the little one climbing out on to the tree branches so he let her hang and told her she'd just have to fall off. Pretty sure that was the last time she did that. Aunt Margie knew nothing about any of this til much later. Obviously. The older two couldn't wait to ride Snickers (horse) and then on their big horse riding debut they slid off the side and landed on the gravel. Could have been really bad news but it wasn't. As the oldest said, "This is why mama makes us wear our helmets!" Exactly. This is also why Uncle Clint should ALWAYS put the saddle on rather than slapping a blanket up there and saying, "ya'll be sure to hang on". To WHAT might I ask?! Never mind. Easter Sunday
Easter - We had so much fun! We got to spend the day with my brother and sister and their families at my parent's house. We played volleyball with the youngsters and my joints hurt so bad Easter night I didn't think I'd ever fall asleep. I'm gettin' old! On top of all the normal Easter fare my mom fixed a coconut cream pie. Hello. Jesus and coconut cream pie. How could I not love Easter?
Charlie and the Easter Bunny!
Who knew the Easter Bunnies lived across the road from our new house? Our new neighbors and friends Keith and Valerie have adopted our children as their honorary grandkids. They bring wienie roast supplies out at any given moment and on special days like Easter they go around planting Easter eggs that contain CADBURY EGGS all over the yard at just the time we normally feed the horses. Clint was appalled that Cadbury eggs were wasted on Charlie when half of it was on his face. Just look at the picture. The other neighbors at the old farmhouse brought an entire basket full of homemade goodies. We're all spoiled by the best neighbors anywhere!
The new house - We have a septic tank. We have wiring. We have a heating and cooling system that is coming today. We have flooring, counter top and paint picked out. We have guttering that is being put on as I type. We are moving right along. Whoo! I'm all worn out just thinking about all the work Clint is doing.
Me, well, I'm attacking the bi-annual "changing out of the clothes" which I detest. I would not be doing it now if the children hadn't pulled the bins out of the storage closet and emptied them out on the floor. Huge mess. Hard to walk around. Ugh. I finally succumbed and just stopped everything else (sort of) and started changing out all the winter/summer clothes. I'm also trying to make strawberry jam. The berries were on sale at Aldi's. So I bought 20 packs. My mom says I really ticked off all the ladies that were wanting to make strawberry pies for Easter. I'm sorry. I had coconut cream. Maybe they had coconut cream. Or lemon meringue. Or chocolate cream with meringue on top. Oh wow. Who cares about strawberry? Anywhoo....I'm on the 2nd day of trying to finish the strawberry jam. And I'm making a baby quilt. I shall not say for whom since I'd like for it to be a surprise but if you're a good friend and you're pregnant and you're due really soon then AHA! you caught me. Hopefully I get it done in time. And it's time to pick out school curriculum for next year because curriculum fair is next weekend. Did I mention hubby and I are going to the city for 3 days and 2 nights ALL BY OUR LONESOME to pick out stuff for the house and go to the curriculum fair? And eat out? And sleep in? And have conversation with complete sentences? And not clean up spilled drinks during dinner? Well, Clint's taking me with him so that part may still be a problem. Ahem. AnyWAY so that's what's going on here at the farm. Lots of coming and going and doing.
In closing, I would SINCERELY like to thank my sister in law Tracy and I'll include her husband Jason even though I highly doubt he had anything to do with it for the lovely whoopie cushions that were purchased for each of my adorable children as Easter gifts. Nothing and I mean nothing says "Hallelujah! Jesus is Alive!" like fake flatulence at the dinner table. She is in some serious competition for Favorite Aunt with Nancy. They can count on Aunt Nancy for a two day supply of cookies every time they see her and they can count on Aunt Tracy to provide the really fun stuff that mom NEVER buys at the dollar store. What more could kids what in an aunt? My thoughts exactly.
I'm going to get off of here and go back to being the MEAN MOM who won't let Luke bring ring neck snakes inside, won't let Charlie go outside without pants on, insists that Dalton do his math and thinks that it's still to soon for MC to go outside in shorts and sandals. Too-da-looh.






No comments:
Post a Comment