May Verse of the Month

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 5

Well, the day is almost done and so far the only blood has been from yesterday's aforementioned loose tooth.  This morning the older sister YANKED it out.  Before breakfast.  The little one just shrugged her shoulders and asked for chocolate porridge for breakfast.  Translation: chocolate malt - o - meal.  Nasty stuff if you ask me.  I didn't try it but Clint says it tasted like crushed cocoa puffs.  Yum.  The real treat of the day wasn't the creamy cocoa puff breakfast - it was the much anticipated trip to the Dairy Maid, our local drive - in.  It is arguably the best ice cream in the world.  It was proceeded by a trip to the library and followed up with a 3 hour play session at the local park.  Other than the recently de-toothed 5 year old peeing her pants and Charlie pooping his it was a fantastic trip to the park.  I read a Bev Lewis novel.  The whole thing.  And everyone thinks I'm working my tail off taking care of these kids.  Ha!  I had a coconut cream blizzard from the Dairy Maid and read an entire novel all in the cover of a balmy 65 degree breeze.  Spring Break has been good to me. 
Day 5.  Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment