May Verse of the Month

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th, 2010

Ahhh, a much more normal day.

- Dad fixed pancakes and sausage for breakfast while the kids and I picked the house up. Dalton even vacuumed.
- After picking things up, I started on the mac and cheese plus some canned green beans and potatoes for the funeral dinner. Dad fried ham to put in the mac and cheese and even made the sauce. Yum - yum!
- While we were working on breakfast, Dalton did his phonogram review and even said it out loud so the two middle ones could get theirs done at the same time. Helpful son!
- Everyone started on math. L still had to have his usual prodding, poking and otherwise but the point is - it got done - before breakfast!
- We shared breakfast(the only meal we'll share as a family today because of all the things happening at the church) and Dad fixed it, prayed over it, and prepared us all for the day. He is the pastor of this family in word and in deed.
- Everyone got dressed and their persons clean and ready, the kids gathered what was left of their school work, Dalton and dad packed the van for all of us, and we headed out the door.

All before 11:00.

That is a more normal day at the Campbell house. Thank heavens!

Just a mention of our friend, Melvin Johnson, who's funeral is today. He was a deacon and trustee at my childhood church. He was a Christian businessman in our community who gave many young people at our church our first jobs in the cornfield and then expected us to work. And act like we had some sense. He was a faithful husband for nearly 40 years and raised two children who are walking with the Lord as adults. Good man. Good life. I appreciate all he ever did for me and pray I am selfless enough to invest in the generation behind me as he did.

There's a Lee Ann Womack song with a line in it like this, "I'm just trying to live so when I die, the preacher won't have to lie."

No one will have to lie today at Melvin's funeral. I pray my sons grow to be as honorable of a man as he. With their father to emulate, I'm sure they'll do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment