May Verse of the Month

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our first Post!

O.K. so we're joining the blogosphere! Considering everything else this family gets done in a day it's hard to imagine that we can actually keep our friends and family updated through this blog......but we're going to give it our best Campbell effort. Grandma Mary, being mommy's confidant, gets the daily low - down on what's happening here at the farm and her nightly question (accompanied by hysterical laughter through tears) is, "Are you writing this down?!" Well, mom, I am now.

The first bit of information I can share is that we're in a state of mourning today. Every year since Dalton and Emma were really little we have gone to Worlds of Fun on the Tuesday after Memorial Day to celebrate Uncle Timmy's birthday. Well, this year Grandma was the "hostess and underwriter" of the big trip and at the last moment she changed the date. Grandma doesn't like being wet and the forecast said, "Rain. Lots and lots of rain." So we're going on the Thursday after Memorial Day.....you would think that was centuries away. The kids have been on - line to map out all the rides and create a schedule of their day. This is serious business. On Thursday, picture them headed into WOF in slow motion with the theme to Rocky playing in the background. They're going to CONQUER!!! I'll let you know who really gets conquered........I'm guessing it's going to be the adults. One hilarious side - note: Luke is confused and keeps saying we're going to "Disney World of Fun". Not quite, Luke.

We have three new additions to our family...........I'm listing them now as in a few days when we have a memorial you'll know who we're referring to:
Bobcat, Blackie and Daisy.
These are three kittens that Dalton and Luke are trying to help survive in the hostile environment that is Mary Caroline and Charlie. Lucy the coonhound is also a "kitten terrorist". And for some reason the chickens and rooster have decided Daisy must go so she has several flogging wounds. Life's hard and the world is cold. As can be heard here almost daily, "Get tough or lay down and die." Not sure where Daisy's going to fall into that picture but, now that we're on - line we'll literally "keep you posted".

Because He Lives!
Campbell Crew

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have started a blog! We miss you guys so much and this will be a great way to stay connected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are on here! I miss you! We have to get together soon! Call me sometime & you can listen to someone else's kids scream in the background!haha You have a lovely family...I will be praying for your sis...Send her my love---I hope all is well w/ her and her girls:o)

    ReplyDelete