May Verse of the Month

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Yes I, I will survive

Yes I, I will survive.......that was the song I started singing at WOF as soon as I exited "Cyclone Sam". I nearly died. I had to lay down flat on my face on a bench in Camp Snoopy while mom laughed at me. It took quite some time before I was O.K. again. But that was the end of the day and I didn't ride anything "spinny" again. So yes, I did survive. And I was nice until we hit Grandma Houseworth's driveway at 9:00 pm and I got whacked in the side of the head by a pink patent leather belt that my boys were slapping at one another. Then it was on like Donkey Kong. My mom and Emma just exited the van quietly and headed for their car. I think they understood that some things are just between a mother and her incredibly rambunctious sons. I mean, who still has the energy to be in a belt - slapping fight after 8 solid hours of WOF and the trip up there and back. Who?! Apparently, Dalton and Luke.

Well, the one thing we can report with utmost enthusiasm is that the new ride, "Prowler" is worth the cost of admission to the park. As Em says, "It rocks. It rolls. It prowls." It was incredible and we rode it 3 times smack in a row.

My favorite quote of the day was from Emma as we slowly climbed the first hill on the Viking Voyage. Luke said, "Are we going to die?" Em replied, "Probably not." The only more hilarious moment was on the hill up the Mamba when I started screaming to Emma that our lap bar wasn't hooked. Now THAT was funny. Gets her every time. Every time.

If you're not doing anything next year on the Tuesday following Memorial Day, the invitation to join us is always open. You just have to be crazy.

Happy Friday!
Margie

1 comment: