It's just another manic Monday! I wish it was Sunday! Cause that's my fun day! It's just another manic Monday!
So true. Yesterday I was eating roast, potatoes, zucchini casserole, cabbage, pickled beets, fresh green beans and cottage cheese at my mama's table.....all of the veggies fresh from the garden. Where do I put all this you say? Well, it takes a Sunday afternoon nap to make it all better. But I didn't get one! Instead, I opted to play fiddle tunes with my Daddy all afternoon. Perfect Sunday.....not a manic Monday.
So today, to help get us out of our manic Monday frumps, Daisy and Christina and I did a day out of Jennifer Rothschild's bible study, "Me, Myself and Lies". Here are a few highlights to tickle your ole thinker or to slap on the sticky side of your brain, whichever way you like to put it.
Who I am and what I struggle with are not the same thing.
Our meditations (thoughts) reflect whatever we focus our minds on. Our meditations are the soundtrack in our minds. We don't just hear it, we sing along.
Worry is fixating or meditating on what if rather than what is. Our English word worry comes from the Old English "wyrgan" and the Old High German "wurgen". Both mean "to strangle".
Jesus reveals the truth (what is) and therefore tells us not to worry about the what if.
Pondering God's goodness and past provisions is a form of godly meditation.
God cares about what you say to yourself because He cares about you.
Christ is grace and truth, and He is our standard. To be like Christ is to be full of grace and truth.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Ps. 19:14, KJV)
Unmanically His,
Margie
May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment