Do you have a friend that is just "that friend"? Well, I'm blessed to have myself a few. One of them left today to serve the Lord with her husband and children on the other side of the world. They are the family known as "R & V" in the box to the right of this post about halfway down under "prayer requests" we asked our blog readers to pray for. Because they are going to a dangerous part of the world we cannot name them so we'll refer to them and their children by single alphabet letters. Anyway.......so they came to the big ole Campbell farm for one last shin dig. And let me tell ya, we shinned, we digged, and we shin digged some more. I'm surprised the old farmhouse is still standing! 8 kids 8 and under. Dalton is the oldest, having turned 8 last month. Absolute craziness. We made cookies, we picked the garden, we rode the horsie swing, we watched "Mo and the Big Exit" just because it's a cool flick, we played instruments and made music and did one mean version of "Farmer in the Dell". Congratulations to "E" who was the "freeze dance" champion. And "whoo - hoo" to "J" who did an amazing chicken on "Old MacDonald". It was a snake - free, rabid coon - dog free, stitches and broken bone free good wonderful day. And that is a miracle in itself. As mutual good friend Janna Bo-Banna would say, "Good times it was. Good times."
And then we said good - bye. We both bawled like the little girls inside grown up bodies that we are. We have prayed for this and planned this and dreamed about it together for years now. It's so exciting for both of us! It's a dream come true for them to get to go and the whole thing has such a part of mine and Clint's heart that we are invested for the long haul - not just in their lives as our good friend family but in God's mission during this lifespan for both of our families as we serve Him. We're a part of it - in a crazy way we know that God called us to missions too, right along with them. They are our "missionaries". Our kids know all about it and pray for them and can't wait for them to get there so we can set up the webcam. Dalton is trying to "techno - talk" and figure out how satellites are going to make it all work. Kind of funny, actually!
On a very serious note, I must add that God called Clint and I to missions when we were in Lathrop as well. We surrendered to serve Him wherever, right alongside our two good friends. We talked to the foreign missions organization for our denomination and we looked at posts overseas. But you know what? God called us home. He spoke very plainly to our hearts that Clint especially had a job to do here in Carroll County. Funny thing? I said, "No God. I said I'd go to Africa........I didn't say I'd go home!" Well, we're here and we've been here for two years now. And it is such a mission field. My friend is jealous because we already speak the language! LOL But that's the point: we do speak the language here. We may not be employed by the a missions agency, but we are definitely "homeland" missionaries for the King of Kings. And as Paul taught us in Philippians Chapter 4, we're learning "to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
I memorized those verses after I had Charlie and "V" gave me a book on contentment. It was a hard season for me and she helped me crawl through it, eventually walking and standing tall in the strength of God's love. She is the best friend a girl could ever have and I will never, ever cheat on her by eating chocolate without thinking of her first!
Love you, love you, love you ~ safe travels and Godspeed! Hope you enjoy the pics of our babies! We already miss you and commit to pray without ceasing. Call when you get there.
Yours forever~
M
May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment