

Hey ya'll! This stage of the building process for the house is underway. Here are some pics. Next time God has you wait for something and you don't understand why, just trust that there is a reason. If you believe Him and keep going, He'll give you special glimpses of the fact that He is in control. Here's an example. The kids and I have been really looking forward to putting our stamp on the concrete of our house. We have had 3 pours so far and had never gotten our fingers dirty! It was a tad disappointing. Well, last Friday the walkout for the basement was poured and our moment finally arrived. And guess what? It was the very afternoon that we buried my Grandma. We were able to write the date and say, "Love You Gma H" in the foundation of our home. It was so precious to me that God surprised me with such a sweet and personal and intimate way of saying, "I'm here. I have her and I have you and I have those babies too. You're all in my hand." It was a great moment of praise. I love the verses that talk about writing God's truth on the doorposts of your home. We are going to write verses on the studs of our walls and I can't wait. But I'm glad that my Grandma's legacy is in the LITERAL foundation of our house. Just a note...the Word of God (logos) doesn't change your life until God speaks a Word (rhema) over you through the Holy Spirit, the members of His Church and the circumstances He puts you in. Writing scriptures in our home, hanging verses on our walls, sticking a bumper sticker on our van, or wearing a cross around our neck means NOTHING if Christ is not truly the foundation of our life. And most importantly, all those other things simply become a stumbling block to others (especially our children) if we are not living what we're advertising. Matthew says that anyone who causes a little one to stumble might as well have a stone tied around his neck and be thrown into the depths. I saw this in print last night at a meeting:
"Stop doing Christian things and start living a Christian life." Ouch.
So....please pray for us as we build our house but please pray more for us as we build our home. And pray for other young families. Pray for grandparents to stay involved through servant leadership, prayer support, involvement with their precious grandchildren. Pray for Daddys and Mamas to have energy and strength and wisdom. Pray that they would love the Lord with all their heart and soul and mind and strength. Pray that men would love their wives and wives would respect their men. Pray that we would all be burdened to "care for widows and orphans" and not live selfishly when we are the richest people on earth......ever. Pray for our churches and pastors/wives that they would rightly divide the Word of Truth, lead selflessly, be energized and strengthened and have wisdom. Pray for teachers. Pray for politicians. JUST PRAY in the precious name of Jesus.
I'll end with a funny:
Charlie...with camo cowboy hat on head sideways and Daisy BB gun in hand, "Mama, Daddy and I are in the woods and we've got a timber watteler (rattle snake!) that we need to shoot. So can I have a BB for my gun so we can shoot it? I pwomise I won't shoot you in the head." Ummm, no.
Thankful for little boys,
Margie

Sooooo exciting. Will be praying over your home. It took us nearly ten years to build ours, but he was building character and digging deep roots the whole time. Praying yours goes much faster.
ReplyDelete