Everyone's anxious for me to post pictures of the house (basement portion) now that it's framed in and roofed. I promise I will! The camera is giving me fits. Specifically, the videos I have taken have completely filled my card and my internal memory and now I can't get them off. So....I can't take but a few pics at a time. Without deleting my videos (NO!) or buying a new card (NO!) my only solution is to not take but a few pics at a time. BUT, I promise to take some soon and get them posted! In the meantime, here are a few funnies.
After WinKidz tonight, I asked Charlie, "What did you learn tonight with Grandma?" (My mom is his teacher.) Here is the conversation that followed:
Charlie, "We learned about umans."
Me, "Umans?"
Mary Caroline, "HUUUmans."
Charlie, "HUUUmans from Texas."
Mary Caroline, "NOOOO. HUUUmans from Tucky."
Dalton, "Don't you mean KENtucky?"
Luke, "What? I LOVE Kentucky Fried Chicken!"
About 10 minutes later on the EXTREMELY long drive home because M highway is still closed:
Mary Caroline, "Mama, why was Noah on Mt. AIR - wah - wat?"
Me: "Mount what?"
Mary Caroline, "Mount AIR - wah - wat!"
Me: "Um, Noah? On Mount Ararat? With the Ark?"
Mary Caroline: "That's what I said!"
Luke: "That's where Minnesota Cuke went on Veggie tales to look for Noah's umbrella."
Mary Caroline: "The Mount Air - wah - wat was in the turkey."
Luke: "Yes. Larry said, 'The whole mountain is made OUT of turkey,' and Bob said, 'No. The country IS turkey."
Mary Caroline: "Huh?"
Charlie: "Noah liveded on Turkey and he ate a rat."
Luke: "No, he laughded at Turkey."
Charlie: "He ate a rat, not turkey."
Dalton: "Everybody just be quiet!"
I said it was funny, but there are moments when it's not so funny as it is consuming. I think at times I'm going to go crazy. Maybe I already am and it makes me perfect for the job. Who knows.
I'll end this post with a recognition of my amazing nephew Augustus, most affectionately known as Gus. He is a trapper extraordinaire and knows as much about live traps, snares, ect. as most people know about tv remote controls. His mom and dad own Thompson Snares and he attends trapping conventions. I think he's their marketing genius and probably sells more than they do! At the convention they attended last weekend, he entered a youth contest and he was able to set a #1 foot hold trap in 15 seconds so he won a plaque. There is a picture on his mama's facebook site but I'm not savvy enough to transfer it here! On top of all his accomplishments he's also a great cousin, a fantastic brother, a football, soccer, and tball player and an all around good guy who loves Jesus. Did I mention he's almost 7? He comes from good stock! He can't stand school but we won't hold that against him...it's probably what makes me love him so much...what really cool almost 7 year old boy LOVES school?! Besides, with his trapping abilities he stands a good chance of being the next CEO of Thompson Snares. Congrats Gus! Love you buddy!
Off to bed and then another exciting day on the Campbell farm. In the last 48 hours, we've discovered the puppies have staph, the hogs got out and ran all the way to mom and dad's, and dad literally dropped a transmission for the truck on the ground. Clint just walked in the door from helping to fix that little oops. Those two (and the other son included) could provide enough material for a SERIES of books with all the situations they get into on this farm. "Crazy Campbell Men and the Women Who Love Them." I think I'll go to bed now and pray for my sons and newphew Oliver's future wives. Bless their hearts wherever they are.
Margie
P.S. I guess it wouldn't hurt to pray for the CURRENT Campbell wives either!!!
May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment