May Verse of the Month

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Lukester!

It's been awhile. The end of 2009 has been difficult and we're glad to see it out with the excitement of Mr. Luke's 6th birthday! He requested waffles from dad's new waffle iron for his birthday breakfast, hot dogs with mac and cheese for his birthday lunch and chocolate cake with chocolate fudge ice cream (anyone know where to even find that?!) for his dessert. We'll go to church tonight for the Watch Night party and all of his buddies will be there so that will top it off. What an excellent holiday to have a birthday on - he always gets to stay up way past his bedtime and party with all his friends! We'll go to the skating rink on Saturday for his actual birthday party with his cousins. His actual birthday cake is a copy of a Spider Man cake at Wally world. It's a first for us. We've never done anything Spider Man and we've also never done a cup cake cake where you position all of the individual cupcakes to make a certain shape. All I had to purchase was the Spider Man eyes for a buck fifty at the cake counter. The funny part was that he wanted red velvet cup cakes because Spider Man is red. Please no one tell my beloved Aunt Annie that I'm making red velvet cup cakes from a Duncan Hines cake mix. The injustice! She is the queen of red velvet cakes. At our wedding she made Clint's groom's cakes from her famous recipe. It was divine. It's pretty hilarious that you pay an amazing amount of money for a professional wedding cake and then people line up to get your aunt's COMPLETELY FREE red velvet cake. What can I say? It's amazing.
So I end this post praising God for His loving care in creation. He doesn't just create us, He patiently and lovingly creates us each with special gifts and talents and quirks that make us who we are. My Aunt Annie has her special gifts and my Luke has his. We have been addicted to the Sound of Music this month so I'll create a list of Luke's fav things to the tune of, "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things":

Wrestling with Dalton and Charlie and Sissy,
Playing with his black and tan coonhound Lucy,
Watching his favorite movies and quoting
Every line til his mommy is laughing

Looking at books and making up stories,
Playing with stuffies and all his pound puppies,
Working to build a man made of snow
Then punching and kicking him down blow by blow!

When the phone rings, when the mail comes, When it's dinner time
He runs and he romps and he slurps and he burps and I'm so glad God made him mine!

(song over!)
I am glad he's mine and I'm glad he's all boy and I can't wait to see him become 7.
Happy New Year Mr. Luke, The Lukester, Lukey - you're the best buddy.
To infinity and beyond!
Love
Mama

1 comment:

  1. so glad to see you posting, happy Bday again sweet Luke, and praying for a happy blessed new year for all the Campbells.

    BTW, red velet cake is my FAVORITE, my mom used to make it for me for my birthday, :)

    ReplyDelete