May Verse of the Month
Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Ahhh, my birthday
So here's the skinny on my friend department: they're varied in personality and style, represent many different generations, live all over the world, are numerous and are the most amazing bunch of people you'd ever want to meet. In college I refused to be in a sorority because I said, "I can make my own friends." Now, that was an immature and rude thing to say and was probably a completely ignorant assessment of sororities, but the resulting statement was true and I most definitely have. And tonight, some of them threw a wonderful birthday party for little ole me. And IT WAS FUN! There was food. Good food. The hostess with the mostess, miss Daisy, had white lights and potted tulips and good friend Erin made cheesecake. Homemade, to die for, melt in your mouth cheesecake - and two different flavors! Peannut butter with a chocolate ganache (would someone please tell me how to spell something that scrumptious?) and plain with a mixed berry sauce. Heaven, I'm in heaven. And Mer made vegetable pizza. It's so good I nearly lose consciousness. I mean, if you're going to eat raw veggies, this is the way to do it. And there is nothing remotely healthy about it. There were apples with Christina's amazing apple dip. Again, nothing healthy about it. And to top it off she made rice krispy treats. When Daisy's baby girl Lillie said the prayer (because she wanted to be the first in line!) she thanked God for my birthday and all the nutritious food AND ALSO ALL OF THE YUMMY SNACKY FOODS THAT SHE REALLY WAS GLAD SHE COULD EAT!" I'm tellin' ya, we've got that girl in training to be a good woman. Lillie, it's all about the snacky foods. I love my girlfriends. These that God has blessed me with for now, those that God has blessed me with in all the other places we have lived and those He will bless me with in the future. And most especially for my mom and my daughter whom life would not be worth living without. Or at least it wouldn't be near as much fun. Or dramatic! Gotta love four year old girlie girls. Thank you God for my life and all my girls. And a special shout out to the missionary chickie who called me all the way from SE Asia on my special day. You're the best and I love ya like crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow, so glad you got showered with love on your bday! Hugs from me too!
ReplyDelete